Saturday, January 21, 2023

Festival - Review

Author: Christopher Golden & Tim Lebbon
Genre: Horror
Format: Hardback
Pages: 73


I was excited about this one based on its premise. We've got a metal festival, an old Viking murder plot, and the evil spirits of those old dead Vikings. So I was ready for this one. Add on the fact that not only is illustrated but two of my favorite authors in horror. 

All boxes ticked.

This starts with a bang. It introduces us to a lot of the main characters at the start, gives us a lowdown on the layout, and doesn't waste any time getting weird. I also really love any book with multiple points of view. I think this adds a bit of depth to stories because you're getting the events from several different points of view. And, this story needed that. To see things from inside and outside the chaos.

I also really love how this ended. That moment of like 'its over, we survived' to 'oh no'. It's that moment when the main story has wrapped up, but now there is so much more to the story. While still knowing how that story is going to end just by what happened in this main story.

What sort of got me was despite how small this book is, only seventy-three pages, there were a couple of chapters that just sort of dragged the story itself. I just found myself putting the book down to do other things. Picking it back, rinse, repeat. Until I got the last maybe three, or four, chapters.

Then it was hard to put down. Like need to put dinner, but putting it off to see how this ends.

So yeah, it was an alright book. I'll be passing it along to a couple of friends who read horror who I think might like this one! A solid three-start book that overall I enjoyed.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment