Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week didn't have a topic. So I had to sit down and figure out what ten books I wanted to show off this week. Which wasn't as easy as figured it would be. Two days of sitting in the delivery van I drive 2 days a week and I'd come up with nothing. Thankfully my roommate was on form. So thanks to her I have my list for the week, and that is: My Top Ten Favorite Books I Read as a Kid.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster, this was probably one of favorites growing up!
- The Pokey Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowery, this was one of my favorite, A Little Golden Book!
- The Pumpkin Smasher by Anita Benarde, this is one that I made my Grandma read over and over again.
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Clearly, is my favorite book by Beverly Clearly. It's also one of my dad's favorite books. He's the one who introduced me to it with his own copy he read as a kid.
- The Boxer Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner, is one my mom got me into. I've probably read the whole series.
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion, is another I made my Grandma read a thousand times.
- Daisy-Head Mayzie by Dr. Seuss, hands down my favorite Dr. Seuss. In fact there a cartoon version that came out when I was little that I taped and watched on a loop until tape died.
- The Headless Ghost by R.L Stine, I picked this one because this is one of the few Goosebumps books that scared me.
- Magic Tree House Series by Mary Hope Osbourne, I devoured this series as a kid and loved them!
- Matlida by Roald Dahl, it was hard toss up between this and The Witches. So had to look at my copies to decide which had seen the most use. Guess which one won?
Alright everyone, what is your favorite child book, or series?