Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Arthur and Sherlock

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: January 24th, 2017
Publisher: Bloomsbury, USA
Author: Michael Sims
Genre: NonFiction
Series: Stand Alone

As a young medical student, Arthur Conan Doyle studied in Edinburgh under the vigilant eye of a diagnostic genius, Dr. Joseph Bell. Doyle often observed Bell identifying a patient's occupation, hometown, and ailments from the smallest details of dress, gait, and speech. Although Doyle was training to be a surgeon, he was meanwhile cultivating essential knowledge that would feed his literary dreams and help him develop the most iconic detective in fiction.







Why I'm Waiting: I'm a sucker for anything Sherlock Holmes, add to the fact it's the story of how we created, there's no way I'm not putting it my TBR.  In fact I've already put it on hold at my local library!


What's your favorite literary detective?

No comments:

Post a Comment