Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Dreamland Burning

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that was started by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that book bloggers are eagerly anticipating. 

Release Date: February 21, 2017
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Author: Jennifer Latham
Genre: Historical Fiction / Young Adult
Series: Stand Alone

When seventeen-year-old Rowan Chase finds a skeleton on her family's property, she has no idea that investigating the brutal century-old murder will lead to a summer of painful discoveries about the past... and the present.

Nearly one hundred years earlier, a misguided violent encounter propels seventeen-year-old Will Tillman into a racial firestorm. In a country rife with violence against blacks and a hometown segregated by Jim Crow, Will must make hard choices on a painful journey towards self discovery and face his inner demons in order to do what's right the night Tulsa burns.


When it comes to Dreamland Burning, I have a lot of high hopes! I grew in a town not far from the Oklahoma border, but that wasn't how I learned about the Tulsa Race Riots.  In fact the only reason was because of a museum I visited with my parents on vacation.  Since then I've only found a few book about the Riots.  My fingers are crossed it lives up to my expectation, because it sounds really good!

How was everyone's Holidays??

No comments:

Post a Comment