Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Dodge City

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: February 28, 2017
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Author: Tom Clavin
Genre: NonFiction

Dodge City, Kansas, is a place of legend. The town that started as a small military site exploded with the coming of the railroad, cattle drives, eager miners, settlers, and various entrepreneurs passing through to populate the expanding West. Before long, Dodge City’s streets were lined with saloons and brothels and its populace was thick with gunmen, horse thieves, and desperadoes of every sort. By the 1870s, Dodge City was known as the most violent and turbulent town in the West.





Why I'm Waiting: I was born and raised in Kansas.  So I've not only been to Dodge City, I've grown up with the stories of Wyatt Warp and Bat Masterson.  It's hard not to pick up these books, because I never know when I'll learn something new.

So what's everyone else's favorite Wild West Story?

No comments:

Post a Comment